Long before sustainable design became buzzwords, KSS incorporated environmental sensitivity into their design practice. We implement sustainable design with the investment appropriate for you and your project. Even if you decide not to certify your project formally, we will still design buildings that treat our environment respectfully and responsibly. We:
- Lead building owners and consultants in identifying and evaluating 'green' initiatives
- Offer LEED consulting services
- Supervise the LEED application process
One in 3 KSS team members is a LEED Accredited Professional. We were the architectural consultant for the USGBC's national committee in the creation of LEED for Schools, applicable to K-12 schools. We are working with the USGBC to develop a rating system for industrial buildings.
Resources and Helpful LinksResources for Higher Education Institutions
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment. Signed by more than 665 institutions and counting, this commitment seeks to "accelerate progress towards climate neutrality and sustainability by empowering the higher education sector to educate students, create solutions, and provide leadership-by-example for the rest of society."
- The Campus Green Builder (CGB) is a one-stop online resource on campus green building that is free and accessible to all higher education institutions.
- The mission of Second Nature is to encourage a sustainable future by helping college and university leaders make sustainable living the foundation of all learning and practice in higher education.
- The Higher Education Associations' Sustainability Consortium is a network committed to advancing sustainability within their constituencies and within the system of higher education itself.